I-Car is an international not for-profit organization that gathers information about collision repair from major automakers, collision repair facilities across the country, insurance companies, and from the makers of suppliers of tools, equipment and materials used to repair cars.
The purpose of this network is to raise the quality, safety, and efficiency of auto collision repair for the ultimate benefit of the consumer.
A shop displaying the I-CAR Gold Class Professionals sign provides the following:
- This shop keeps up with the rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Our estimators and technicians are I-Car trained. Some of our collision repair technicians have even achieved Gold Class status from their I-Car training.
- Supports the I-CAR philosophy of restoring vehicles to their pre-accident condition for the benefit of the consumer.
- Has the proper equipment for quality repair.
- Shows its level of commitment by requalifying for the Gold Class Professionals Honor every year.